A Learning Process IV: Youth
Do they even know what are they trying to get themselves into? I watch the impenetrable desire of young fighting spirits ravaging for the same prize; they carry within themselves a sweet song that plays its tune in the presence of their muse and in their hearts, a tiresome tugging and thumping lingers, you can't blame them, running a long race to nowhere ain't easy.
I listen to their thoughts - thundering lust for the bridge that brings them to the greener pasture on the other side - and I can't help but feel a familiar sadness. Their slumbered passion has been awakened for the wrong reasons. What am I to do? Watch and listen as the game of hide and seek quickens its pace? What am I to say? Violation of property or wise advice from a war survivor in disguise? Seriously, I don't know.
I hear familiar words of 'wisdom' for their random rants rattle a similar chant - Don't squander your youth! I want to enjoy it while it lasts. I play, I drink, I'm wild, I have fun, I date, I have sex, I try everything and see how it goes. You'll never know if it is the one! Life is short, I shall live it to the fullest! - oh how beautiful and stupid, the ways of the delusional adventurous youths as they seek for their new adrenaline!
Little girl in pigtails wants the world,
Her lunch-box empty and her tummy hungry
She slices her hands and keeps a diary:
"I love you hearts, I love how you swirl
Tiresome hurts are unnecessary
Touch me and fill me there till I am weary..."
She lies in her bed, dreams about pearls unfold;
Sun-soaked dress and fighting schemes
Turmoils turn and broken pill screams...
Two empty hearts make a hole
She asks me, "Can you love me more?"
I met a man who once let his life go and destroyed the inner rules of restrictions. He lived a life filled with strange shapes and experiments. He lived a life of freedom, free from conviction, but he also lived a life of discontent. There was never enough and his exploits were always an never-ending search for more: more love, more dates, more money, more time, more party nights, more drugs, more sex, more blood... more... more... He was always thirsty and the desert world was his reservoir.
I guess when he opened his heart for the world, the transgressions of materialism had also corrupted his soul. His pursuits of experimentation only brought more questions to his life. He began to fight with himself more, he began to toil in his sleep more, he began to be frustrated more, he craved for attention more... He became needy for he was empty.
Let me encourage you, dear young reader, do not squander your youth, enjoy it while it lasts. Love and respect. Love and respect yourself, love and respect your body, love and respect God, love and respect His plan for your life, love and respect your youth.... while it still lasts.

<< Home